Back-to-school season is upon us and as parents can relate, back-to-school shopping can get costly for families especially when having various school aged children. According to the National Retail Federation (NRF), spending on back to school for families with school-aged children and college in 2016 was expected to reach $75.8 billion, up from $68 billion in 2015. That’s a lot of out of pocket spending: the average family with children in grades K-12 plans to spend $673.57 on apparel, shoes, supplies, and electronics to get ready for the school year. Being a wife, mom to 4 boys (ranging in ages from 19 to 2 years old), caregiver helper to my parents, mompreneur, etc., my days are busy and full. With a constant involved schedule—it’s not a luxury but a necessity—to find a quality one-stop shopping experience to save time, money and resources. Orlando International Premium Outlets has created an EASY way for local residents and visitors to enjoy great deals during back-to-school tax-free weekend (and for all shopping needs).
WHEN TO SHOP
In Florida, Aug. 4-6 is back-to-school tax free weekend beginning on Friday, August 4 and ending on Sunday, August 6. Consumers will pay zero tax on hundreds of items, from clothes and shoes ($60 or less) to school supplies ($15 or less) to computers ($750 or less), according the Florida Department of Revenue. It is estimated Floridians will save $33.4 million in taxes during the three-day shopping extravaganza as families get kids ready for the return to school. Shoppers to the Orlando International Premium Outlets can purchase back-to-school necessities without paying sales tax on qualifying items in accordance with the Florida Sales Tax Holiday.
During this period, no Florida sales tax or local option tax will be collected on the purchase of certain items. Examples include:
- Clothing, footwear, certain accessories selling for $60 or less per item
- Certain school supplies selling for $15 or less per item such as binders, calculators, cellophane (transparent) tape, colored pencils, crayons, construction paper, lunch boxes, notebook filler paper, poster paper and scissors
- Personal computers and certain accessories, selling for $750 or less per item, such as laptops and tablets; data storage, such as jump, flash and thumb drives; e-book readers; and printers and headphones when purchased for noncommercial home or personal use.
WHY ITS EASY TO SHOP AT ORLANDO INTERNATIONAL PREMIUM OUTLETS
When you think about shopping at a retail center (especially during a busy back-to-school sales tax weekend), you might inwardly groan just thinking about trying to find a parking space and trying to remember where you might have parked.
Orlando International Premium Outlets has taken care of that problem because throughout the weekend (and in August), shoppers will have the opportunity to take advantage of a shuttle service that will pick up customers who park in Outlet Marketplace and drive them to Orlando International Premium Outlets!
Park in Orlando Outlet Marketplace near Tommy Hilfiger and follow the signs for the pick up location. Orlando International Premium Outlets will provide a shuttle to take you to Orlando International Premium Outlets to enhance your shopping experience. Pick up location in Orlando International Premium Outlets is near the Polo Ralph Lauren Store. Please call 407-352-9600 for additional information.
The shuttle will run on during the following days:
- Saturday, August 5 from 12 p.m. – 10 p.m
- Saturday, August 12 from 12 p.m. – 10 p.m.
- Sunday, August 6 from 12 p.m. – 9 p.m.
- Sunday, August 13 from 12 p.m. – 9 p.m.
- Saturday, August 19 from 12 p.m. – 10 p.m
- Saturday, August 26 from 12 p.m. – 10 p.m.
- Sunday, August 20 from 12 p.m. – 9 p.m.
- Sunday, August 27 from 12 p.m. – 9 p.m
TIP : Be on the lookout because management will surprise and delight customers while on the shuttle! Yea! 🙂
FUN! FUN! FUN! Orlando International Premium Outlets will host a Back to School event on Saturday, August 5 from 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. in the Main Entrance of the center near Vinitto’s Restaurant. Shoppers will have the opportunity to enjoy roaming entertainment, special giveaways, extra promotions from participating stores, live music, a photo booth, an enter-to-win shopping spree, and more!
Don’t worry about not having enough time to make it to the Orlando International Premium Outlets. Throughout the back-to-school sales tax free weekend, the retail center has convenient extended hours.
Hours at Orlando International
Friday, August 4 – 10 a.m. – 11 p.m.
Saturday, August 5 – 10 a.m. – 11 p.m.
Sunday, August 6 – 10 a.m. – 11 p.m.
* Department store hours may vary
HOW TO SAVE DURING BACK-TO-SCHOOL SHOPPING
- Lists are an Absolute Must! Get your school supply list from your school early (by visiting the school or print a copy from your school’s website) and make a list of everything needed for each child. See what you have at home in supplies that can be used for the new school year and then finalize your school supply list. Put together what is needed for each child into one major list. Combine what is needed so instead of four lists mentioning the need for 2 boxes of pencils, put 8 boxes of pencils on the master list. With have 1 master school supply list, you take only one list to the store to help streamline the process.
- Know When to Shop. Utilize the back-to-school tax free holidays, back-to-school sales and specials to stretch your dollar. Before hitting the mall, shoppers can check out even more savings by visiting the Simon Retailer Showcase where coupons and other retailer deals await at simon.com. Not sure what clothes are school uniform approved? Stop by Simon Guest Services for a list of school requirements, which stores to find the appropriate attire and which stores have the best deals. Find more deals and happenings at the Orlando International Premium Outlets by visiting premiumoutlets.com/outlet/orlando-international/news-and-events & premiumoutlets.com/outlet/orlando-international/deals.
- Get The Basics. Outline key items of clothing that can be mixed and matched. Choose two or three favorite colors and pair with neutrals so you can mix and match your wardrobe.
- Invest in a Bigger Size. Kids grow rapidly. Often through their regular sports activities and physical education throughout the school year, it can seem like you can’t keep them in right sized clothes fast enough. One year I had bought the twins a new pair of sneakers for the new school year and a few months later in December, the sneakers didn’t fit them anymore. They grew another shoe size in 4 months! Think about the growth and development of your child. Try not to purchase clothes that fit them “just right” exactly now but buy clothes that give kids room to grow.
WHAT TO BUY
Finding a super-stylish back-to-school outfit has never been more streamlined than with Orlando International Premium Outlets comprehensive guide to the first day of school. Check out the stylish back-to-school trends for 2017!
- Dress Turned Skirt – Wearing a top over a dress is the totally unexpected way to turn your fave dress into a cute skirt. Stick to the same color scheme for on-point layering.
- Embroidered Jeans – It’s time to ditch boring blues for flared jeans with unique embroidery. Add a printed top and a long coat to beat the fall chills.
- Classic White Tee – Cute, classic and comfy. This never-fails combo can be worn a thousand different ways!
- Modern Prep – Go preppy cute by layering a short-sleeve romper over an oxford shirt.
- Punky Details – Comic print graphics are the unexpected print you need in your closet.
- Monochromatic – A one-color-only look doesn’t have to be boring, especially when you choose a bright hue. Mix textures and styles to keep your aesthetic interesting.
- Groovy Pastel – Light shades aren’t just for spring. Pair candy-colored pieces with darker hues for a fall-ready look.
- Emoji Glam – Your outfit will give everyone major heart eyes when it includes emojis.
- Bright Athleisure – Slay your game day look in a varsity jacket and sporty tee in bold, look-at-me colors.
- 70’s Vibes – Trade your skinnies for flare jeans to instantly update your entire look.
- Bohemian Prints – Keep the festival vibes going with a boho-style print! Pair with ankle boots and a green cargo jacket for an edgy fall look.
- Lace-up Details – A steady supply of t-shirts is a must, but that doesn’t mean they have to be basic! A lace-up neckline upgrades the jeans-and-tee uniform, and it can be layered with a plaid shirt as it gets closer to fall.
- Patchwork Denim – Give your denim collection new life by adding a fun patchwork style.
Thanks to Orlando International Premium Outlets, we are giving away a $100 gift card to the Orlando International Premium Outlets to help you with your back-to-school shopping! One winner will be chosen at random. No purchase necessary.
Please Note: The winner must pick up their $100 gift card prize at the Orlando International Premium Outlets. The retail center is located at 4951 International Dr. Orlando, FL 32819. The prize will not be shipped because Orlando International Premium Outlets wants you to experience the fabulous environment and the hottest back-to-school styles from Orlando International Premium Outlets retailers—so be ready for the fun!
Enter the giveaway using the Rafflecopter entry form below.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Want more information? Visit the Orlando International Premium Outlets at premiumoutlets.com/outlet/orlando-international
Happy Back-To-School Shopping!
Disclosure: This post is a sponsored by Orlando International Premium Outlets, however, all opinions are our own.
Joscelyn, Owner of Mami of Multiples & Mami Innovative Media
Latest posts by Joscelyn, Owner of Mami of Multiples & Mami Innovative Media (see all)
- How You Can Help Babies and Families in Need with Second Chance Baby Resource Center - October 13, 2017
- Ultimate Back-To-School Guide - October 7, 2017
- Tips for Homeschooling the First Year - October 6, 2017