Central Florida and the Orlando area has been a part of my life for as long as I can remember even though I was born and raised in New York. With my parents’ careers that often had them traveling on business trips, I was able to frequently accompany them (and due to the fact they owned a vacation home in Florida), we often came to the Central Florida area annually. My parents started taking me (and my extended family) to Walt Disney World in Orlando from the age of 6 months old yearly (and some years it was more than once). As I become a professional for the federal government in Washington D.C., Orlando was a favorite destination for government conferences, expositions, and events. History started to repeat itself when I started taking my eldest son (and my parents) to the conferences and events that were held in the Orlando so while I was working – they were enjoying the attractions in Orlando – in the same manner I had experienced during my childhood.
Though Orlando and the state of Florida have been an integral part of my professional and personal life, it is an entirely different experience when you move and are living, working, eating, and creating a life in the area full-time for your family. We are pleased to have the opportunity to partner with Visit Orlando, (the Orlando Tourism Bureau and the only officially recognized sales and marketing organization for the Orlando and Orange County area) to experience some of Orlando firsthand.
Many families, business professionals, and couples are partaking in ‘staycation’ and are exploring their own local communities for affordable vacation ideas and weekend getaways. We will be experiencing some great local Orlando attractions, lodging, and food that are suitable for families, couples, or parents getting away for the weekend. During the experience, we will be connecting via social media by using the hashtag #MOMVisitOrlando.
Currently thorough September 30th is great time to visit the Orlando area with the “Orlando’s Deal Season”. Visit Orlando has partnered with Travelocity, TravelZoo, Living Social and other travel partners to offer a wide range of deals at VisitOrlando.com/deals. Examples of deals include the following:
- Travelocity - Use Promo Code ORLANDODEALS100 to save $100 on a vacation package that includes flight and hotel
- Walt Disney World Resort – Save up to 30% at select Disney Resort Hotels
- Universal Orlando Resort – Receive a 4th Night & 4th Day free with the purchase of an exclusive vacation offer
- SeaWorld Orlando – Receive a free “All Day Dining” voucher with the purchase of a full paid, single-day admission ticket
Visitors during Orlando’s Deal Season can also take advantage of unique special events:
- Visit Orlando’s Magical Dining Month (Sept. 1-30) – More than 60 of the best Orlando-area restaurants offer three-course dinners for $30. Diners can indulge in Orlando’s haute cuisine for this exceptional value at popular restaurants, including Emeril’s Tchoup Chop, The Capital Grille, Luma on Park and The Venetian Room. $1 from each purchased dinner is donated to the Edgewood Children’s Ranch, which provides residential, educational and counseling services for troubled children and their families.
- soaked (Sept. 7-8) – This new, two-day extreme water sports festival will combine world champion water skiers competing at downtown Orlando’s Lake Eola with family-friendly entertainment, car shows, live music and more.
In addition, Visit Orlando’s Magicard, a free and easily downloadable savings card, offers additional enhanced deals on car rental, golf, spa, outdoor activities and more.
Follow the conversation by using the hashtag #MOMVisitOrlando. We will be tweeting from @JoscelynRC and @InnovativeTalk and posting on Mami of Multiples Facebook page and Mami Innovative Media Facebook page. We will be tagging @Ford_Southeast and using the #escape hashtag.
For more information and about vacation experiences in Orlando, see VisitOrlando.com.
Follow Visit Orlando on Twitter at twitter.com/VisitOrlando, Facebook at facebook.com/VisitOrlando and YouTube at www.youtube.com/visitorlando.
Stop by the Official Visitor Center located at 8723 International Drive, at the southeast corner of International Drive and Austrian Row.
The Official Visitor Center is open daily from 8:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.